Got something to share? Whether it's writing or art, you'll fit right in. Come on, join us. This is like our own personal club to inspire, give feedback on your manuscript or work of art. Creativity is a process.
Ingredients for Chicken Stir Fry:
Prep Time - 15 mins
Cooking Time - 15 mins
- Boneless Chicken - 1 lb or 450 gms (cut into bite sized pieces)
Seasoning for the Chicken:
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- White Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dark Soy Sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Broccoli florets- 2 US cup measure (100 gms)
- Carrots, sliced- 1 US cup measure (90 gms)
- Red Bell Pepper- 1 US cup measure (90 gms)
- Yellow Bell Pepper- 1 US cup measure (90 gms)
- Garlic, chopped- 2 tsp (around 4 cloves)
- Ginger, chopped- 1.5 tsp
Stir Fry Sauces:
- Chicken Stock- 1/4 cup (can use readymade low sodium chicken broth/stock too)
- Dark Soy Sauce- 2.5 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce- 3 tsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Corn slurry- 2 tsp corn flour/starch (Mixed in 1 tbsp water)
- Sesame Oil- 2 tsp
- Oil- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt- to season
- Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp
Cut the boneless chicken into bite sized pieces.
Take out the broccoli florets, cut the carrots into slices and the red & yellow peppers into cubes.
Also peel and chop the garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a wok and add the chicken pieces. Give a stir for 30 secs and then add salt & white pepper powder to season the chicken.
- Now stir fry on high heat for around 2-3 mins and then add 1/2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce. Give a mix and continue to stir fry on high heat for another 2-3 mins till the water has completely dried up and the chicken is fried and browned.
- Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same oil, add the chopped garlic & ginger. Give a stir for 15 secs and then add the sliced carrots and cubed red & yellow peppers. Mix and stir fry on high heat for 1 minute before adding the broccoli florets. Also add salt to season (a pinch) and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Give a mix and continue to stir fry on high heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the sautéed chicken pieces and give a mix on high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the Dark Soy Sauce, Chicken broth, Red Chilli Sauce and honey. Give a mix and stir fry on high heat for around 2 mins till the sauce has nearly dried up.
- Now add the corn slurry and the sesame oil, give a mix and continue to stir fry on high heat for 1 min till all the sauce has dried up and coats the chicken and vegetables.
This page was posted by Sputnik One of the Sputniks Orbit blog