Pascale’s Kitchen: Multicolor Pepper and Tuna Salad
Cooked vegetable dishes and salads are usually considered side dishes that accompany a heavier main dish, especially when it comes to festive meals.
Multicolor Pepper and Tuna Salad (credit: PASCALE PEREZ-RUBIN)MULTICOLOR PEPPER AND TUNA SALAD
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 6 parsley sprigs, chopped
- 4 artichoke hearts (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 cans (340 gr.) tuna
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. spicy paprika
- 4 pickled cucumbers in salt
Heat the oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes, then add all the pepper strips and parsley. Sauté a few more minutes.
Slice the artichoke hearts and tomatoes into quarters. Add them to the pan and stir.
Drain the tuna and add to the pan. Add the tomato paste and mix.
Season with salt, pepper and spicy paprika. Sauté for 5 more minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Chop the pickles into small pieces and add them to the pan. Mix and remove from the flame.
Level of difficulty: Easy Time: 30 minutes