Easy Dutch Oven Pot Roast Recipe
By Author :Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchenhttps://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes/Easy-Pot-Roast
EASY POT ROAST
SERVES 8, CUISINE: AMERICAN
CATEGORY: ROASTS, SOUPS & STEWS, ONE PAN
This easy pot roast is made traditionally in a pot on the stove and slow-cooked until tender and juicy.
PREP TIME15 mins
OTHER TIME15 mins
COOK TIME4 hrs 20 mins
TOTAL TIME4 hrs 50 mins
- 3 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® English roast
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Season roast heavily with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Sear roast for a couple minutes on each side over medium-high heat, until nicely browned. Transfer roast to large plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot, stirring over medium heat until onions are soft. Stir in flour and tomato paste, followed by stock and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and scrape browned bits from bottom of pot. Add roast back to pot, cover tightly and place in oven. (Optional: transfer roast and liquid to a slow cooker, cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours until tender.)
- Cook for 3 hours, turn roast, add rosemary and cook approximately one more hour, until completely tender.
- Transfer roast to cutting board and tent with foil. Remove rosemary and, using a ladle, skim fat from liquid. Place Dutch oven on stovetop and bring contents to a boil.
- Slice pot roast against the grain or pull in bite-size pieces. Serve with reduced sauce.
For more instructions watch the Video
This page was posted by Sputnik One of the Sputniks Orbit blog
Please Recommend this page and follow us on:
Post a Comment