Pascale’s Kitchen: Beef, bean and pumpkin stew (‘Tabichat luvya bikara safra’)
By PASCALE PEREZ-RUBIN, Jerusalem Post, OCTOBER 29, 2022
Makes 6-8 servings.
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into small pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 600 gr. beef (shoulder, head or brisket), cut into medium chunks, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ Tbsp. spicy paprika
- 1 level tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5-6 cups water
- 3 cups dry white beans, soaked overnight in water, then rinsed and drained, or frozen
- ½ kg. pumpkin, cut into pieces
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks
Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the chopped onion, tomato, peppers and garlic, and mix well. Add the beef, tomato paste, paprika, cumin and salt, and mix well. Pour 4 cups of water on top and bring to a boil.
Add the beans, pumpkin and potatoes, then pour the remaining water on top. The water should cover the beans and vegetables. Stir the pot and then cover and cook over medium heat for 2 hours, or until half of the water has been absorbed and the beans have softened. If needed, you can add another ½ to ¾ cup of water.
Serve with boiled rice
Level of difficulty: Easy-medium Time: 2.5 hours Status: Meat
This page was posted by Sputnik One of the Sputniks Orbit blog
Please Recommend this page and follow us on:
Post a Comment