Butter Poached Salmon Medallions
By Chef Jean-Pierre
- 2 lbs. Salmon cut into 2 to 3 ounces medallions
- About 4 ounces Sweet Butter
Chardonnay & Chives Mustard Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter, not salted
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 1 pinch of Saffron, optional
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Des Meaux/ Country Mustard, mustard with seeds
- 2 tablespoons Chives, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Four to five Asparagus per person
- About 1 teaspoon Butter Olive Oil per person
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- Cut the fish into 2 to 3 ounces medallions. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Melt the butter slightly in the microwave (maybe 10 seconds) DO NOT COMPLETELY MELT, melt only to a creamy/soft stage. Brush the soft butter into the fish medallions.
- And when your sauce is ready, put the fish in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking!
- Chardonnay & Chives Mustard Sauce:
- In a saucepan heat the butter, when hot add the shallots. When they are translucent, add the saffron (if you have it) and the Chardonnay and let reduce by half. Add the cream and cook for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the mustard, chives and as much butter as you like. I like about 2 to3 more tablespoons.
- Buttered Asparagus:
- Peel them first and poach them in boiling water to your liking. Immediately after cooked immerse in ice water and reserve.
- When ready to serve heat some butter in a fry pan and gently reheat the asparagus.
For more instructions watch the video
This page was posted by Sputnik One of the Sputniks Orbit blog
Please Recommend this page and follow us on:
Post a Comment