A quick, easy chicken and potato recipe – just like mom used to make
No oven, no frying, and no hassle. Chicken and potatoes that are cooked together in one pot until the sauce thickens, and the whole house is filled with an appetizing aroma
If you really want to treat yourself, add some fresh chopped vegetables on the side and you have a great meal.
Chicken and potato casserole
Recipe by: Ayala Gani - 10 minutes preparation, 60 minutes to bake.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2x3 cm cubes
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 sweet red pepper cut into strips
- ⅓ cup of oil
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Black pepper
- Place the potato cubes in a large, wide pot. Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet and cover with the red pepper strips.
- Season with spices, drizzle oil, and add water only until you reach the height of the chicken (do not cover the chicken completely with water, only until the water touches it).
- Bring the contents of the pot to a boil, cover, and cook over medium heat until the chicken is soft and a pleasing aroma spreads throughout the house.
- Remove the lid and cook another 10 minutes uncovered until the liquid reduces a little and the sauce thickens.