Pascale’s Kitchen: Pasta Bolognese, how to make the delicious pasta sauce.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Ingredients for sauce:
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 2-3 celery stalks, cut into little pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500 gr. ground beef
- 1 cup tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 100 gr. tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ - 2 cups beef or vegetable broth, or water
- 8-10 basil leaves, chopped finely (chop them just before adding them to the sauce so they don’t turn black)
- 1 package (400 gr.) pasta, any type
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- packet of pasta
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion pieces and sauté until they become translucent. Add the carrots, celery and garlic and continue sautéing for 2-3 more minutes.
Add the ground beef and continue cooking, making sure to break up the clumps of minced as much as possible, until the beef is no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and liquid. Stir, cover the pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Lower the heat, then add the basil leaves. If there’s not enough liquid, you can add ¼ cup at a time until the sauce reaches the desired thickness. Taste and adjust seasoning. Continue cooking over low heat for another 30 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta according to directions on the packaging. Drain the pasta, and rinse it lightly with water. Return the pasta to the pot, add olive oil and salt, and stir. Serve pasta, with 2-3 spoonfuls of Bolognese sauce on top.
Level of difficulty: Easy-medium Time: 40 minutes Status: Meat
Post a Comment