Pascale's Kitchen: FRIED APPLE FRITTERS
By PASCALE PEREZ-RUBIN, Jerusalem Post, December 17, 2022
FRIED APPLE FRITTERS
Makes 15 pieces.
- 2-3 apples (can also use pears, bananas or other fruit)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 140 gr. (1 cup) white flour, sifted
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 80 gr. (1/3 cup) sugar
- 200 gr. (1 cup) milk or water
- 5 gr. (½ packet) baking powder
- ½ cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Drain the apple rings, then dip them in the egg mixture.
Pour oil into a pan for deep-frying and heat.
Fry the apple slices in the hot oil until they turn golden brown.
Remove the apple pieces and place them on paper towels.
Dip the apple pieces in the cinnamon mixture, or sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on top of them, and serve immediately. Alternatively, you can serve with sour cream.
Level of difficulty: Easy Time: 90 minutes, including time to let batter rise Status: Vegetarian / Parve (or dairy if using milk)