Got something to share? Whether it's writing or art, you'll fit right in. Come on, join us. This is like our own personal club to inspire, give feedback on your manuscript or work of art. Creativity is a process.
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Words & Brush Recipe Corner: 2-Step Sublime Lemon Tart
This sublimely simple, utterly delectable Silken Lemon Tart is the culinary equivalent.
Ideal for last-minute entertaining, or occasions when you just don't have time or energy to invest into baking, this luscious dessert is easily whipped up using pantry ingredients that I recommend you keep in stock always.
Whether you make it dairy or parve ( non-dairy) , or whether it's topped with meringue, lemon cookie crumble, or simply adorned with powdered sugar, this vibrant dish makes the ultimate sweet serving.
Add a little zest to the table or make to enjoy as an at-home treat.
Emergency measures never tasted this good.
Homemade or store-bought cookie base* 1 can condensed milk/vegan condensed milk 125g white creamed cheese** 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest 2 large egg yolks Garnish of your choice
* Crush 200g Petite Beurre/Ginger Snaps and combine with 100 grams melted butter/margarine then press into 24 cm pan to make a homemade base. Alternatively use Ruth's Pastry Shell or a Graham Cracker base.
* *Add an extra egg yolk in place of cheese if making this parve (non-dairy) and replace regular condensed milk with non-dairy, vegan condensed milk
1: Stir condensed milk, egg yolks, creamed cheese (if using), lemon juice and zest together, and mix for a minute or two till it slightly thickens, then pour into prepared base and bake at 160 C for approximately 25 minutes till the filling is just firm to the touch. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Beat the saved egg whites with approximately 1/2 cup sugar to make meringue, spoon over the baked tart, and return to the oven at 180 C for a few minutes till the top is beginning to color and look lemon meringue-like.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 60 grams of butter, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice together then bake at 180 C for 12 minutes till golden. Sprinkle this lemony crumble over baked, cooled tart. Lemon crumble is also delicious on ice-cream.
- Go for the simple option and dust with powdered sugar and serve with berry compote if desired.
COOK'S NOTES: Use creamed white cheese or any other cream cheese of your choice. Tart keeps well in the refrigerator. Instead of a round tart, you can also bake in a rectangle, and cut into lemon bars. Super easy and so delicious
This page was posted by Sputnik One of the Sputniks Orbit blog